Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem With SDK Examples/Namespaces!

Former Community Member

Hello everyone!

I am an intermediate actionscript programmer and have been using Flash for years, however I am pretty new to Livecycle Collaboration Service and have just started using Flex again after a 2-year hiatus.

The problem I am having is that I am trying to test out the WebCamera example from the SDK.  I`m sure I have set the library path to the .svc file correctly, yet I keep get the following error:

prefix "rtc" for "rtc:Authenticator" is not bound

I am pulling my hair out with this!  I am guessing that this has something to do with the namespace not being found/set up.  I have already written a Livecycle video chat app. using a video tutorial and it worked fine!  For some reason, the SDK example creates errors.  It looks like they weren`t written in Flex 4 as all the namespace declarations are "mx"!  There are no Spark or Halo namespace declarations in the <Application> tag, so that shouldn`t be causing a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

Are you using the right authenticator name ? Because all the components aren't namespaced but only those that are exposed for building applications. You can use rtc:AdobeHSAuthenticator instead. Also, make sure you don't link to source path as well as library pathswc simultaneously. Sometimes that may create problem.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Thanks Hironmay!  I am away from my development PC, but will check this as soon as I get home.

I thought all the components WERE for building applications!  That is why they are there right?

What then, is the difference between "Authenticator" and "AdobeHSAuthenticator"?  Can I use AdobeHSAuthenticator when I deploy my application?

Also, in the video tutorial that I used to build my first app., Tom Krcha put the .svc library into the plugins folder in the Flashbuilder folder.  What benefit does this have over putting it somewhere else (i.e. C:\Users\...)?

I`m still getting used to LCCS and Flex 4, so again I apologize for the NOOB questions!

Thanks again!

Former Community Member

So, rtc:Authenticator is the base class. We have different types of authenticator depending on your requirement such as AdobeHSAuthenticator( the one you will use in building apps), LocalConnectionAuthenticator(if you are using LocalConnectionServer) , PlaybackAUthenticator(if you are playing back your recording) and so on. All these are subclasses of Authenticator.

So, we don't expose the baseclass in namespacing and that’s why I asked you to use rtc:AdobeHSAuthenticator instead.

I am not sure about the plugins folder but I would normally put .swc under the library path for building my apps.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Thanks again Hironmay!

Your answer cleared things up for me!

Also, I did finally manage to get the webcam example to compile!  I`m not sure what exactly the problem was, but I think it was because the "rtc" namespace was not declared in the header.  I also brought everything else up to date (added the namespace declarations for "fx" and Spark in the Application tag, changed the script tags to <fx:script>, etc...).  The example code had dashes ("-") between lines of code that were causing errors as well.

Matt