Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

problem with creat PDF in adminui.

Level 2

Hi,

I have just install live cycle Pdf generator. installation log shows installation is successful.I have configure The things which I had to do,like installing

windows office(2007),acrobat reader,change UAC.

now  when I want to convert some word document(.doc) to pdf ,It fails to convert,It shows the following messege:

Error Code:1000
Error Message:

Error message from the primary converter:
ALC-PDG-001-000-Conversion of the input file failed because of an exception.
An unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe Service.

Error message from the fallback converter:
ALC-PDG-011-030-Submitted OpenOffice Document could not be converted to PDF. Either OpenOffice is not installed on this system or environment variable OpenOffice_PATH is not set to correct path. Please set OpenOffice_PATH environment variable to the <OpenOffice_Installation_Dir> on the server (e.g C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3.0) and then restart the server.

can any body trace the problem ? what I have to do to get successful convertion?

Thanking you.

Barun Barik

3 Replies

Level 3

I think you can try to disselect the "" in the

Home > Services >LiveCycle PDF Generator ES2 > File Type Settings > Edit File Type Setting:

Microsoft Word

Of cause the standard and the defaults in the LC can not be modified directly , you can modify one of them and save it as you need , then disselect the "" , and the same setting for other microsoft office types , then try again .

Good luck with you !

Level 1

Hi,

If you still have the problem, please check the path of JAVA environment variable.

Thanks,

KazSakai

Level 2

Hi,

right now there is no problem..

.path of java environment variable is ok...

I was using turnkey installation.I dont think in case of turnkey  installation we need to set java environment variable ...

If u have 64bit java then u have to install additional 32bit java therefore you have to set environment variable for that 32 bit of java.

I think I had some configuration problem..after reinstallation this problem has been resolved.

Thanking you.

Barun Barik