Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem logging into Rooms.

Level 3

I can't login to rooms through my app or the LCCS Navigator Room Console. The Console displays the list of rooms properly, but leaves me with a perpetual spinning clock cursor when I try to login to one. It just stopped working.

Is there an issue with the service? Is there a better way to get instance support than posting to this forum. We are basing a major feature of our product on LCCS and having this sort of problem is a deal breaker for us. We have invested heavily in the development of this feature( just a week or two from release ) I need an answer as to how this could happen.

The problem is universal across multiple applications and rooms, whether logging in through the Console or my app.

Help!

John

14 Replies

Level 3

Here's the trace log from my app.

Mon Dec 27 10:58:31 GMT-0800 2010    LCCS SDK Version : 1.3.5    Player Version : MAC 10,1,102,64

10:58:31 GMT-0800    requestInfo https://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/cleverspring/ratioDev-20101227-103926?exx=eDpSdXNzIEV4ZWN1d...

Warning: Domain collaboration.adobelivecycle.com does not specify a meta-policy.  Applying default meta-policy 'master-only'.  This configuration is deprecated.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files to fix this problem.

10:58:33 GMT-0800    #TicketService# ticket received: 6tndw70iwywv

10:58:33 GMT-0800    Getting FMS at https://na2.collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/fms?ticket=6tndw70iwywv&proto=rtmfp, attempt #1/3

10:58:34 GMT-0800    result: <fms>

<origin>fms7.acrobat.com</origin>

<proto_ports>rtmfp:1935,rtmps:443</proto_ports>

<retry_attempts>2</retry_attempts>

</fms>

10:58:34 GMT-0800    protocols: [object ProtocolPortPair],[object ProtocolPortPair]

10:58:34 GMT-0800    [attempt 1 of 2] Connecting to 0/1: rtmfp://fms7.acrobat.com/cocomo/na2-sdk-e4fa0e5d-5e31-4bdf-aa3c-70caee70530e/ratiodev-20101227-103926 #startProtosConnect#

10:58:34 GMT-0800    tempNetStatusHandler 0/2,NetConnection.Connect.Success

10:58:34 GMT-0800    isTunneling? false

10:58:34 GMT-0800    is using RTMPS? false

It just sits here doesn't proceed at all.

John

Level 4

Hi,

Same thing here. Neither the Room Consoe or the apps are logging in.

Thanks.

...russ

Former Community Member

Hi there,

The servers had a bit too much eggnog in the last couple of days. We're in

the process of bringing everything back up. Our first unexpected downtime in

several months - sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks

nigel

Former Community Member

Hi Johnny,

I just wanted to help alleviate any fears you have here - our health page

(health.acrobat.com) reports any health issues - you can subscribe to the

RSS feed there for changes in status. In terms of our response time, we've

actually had folks working on various aspects of the issue since before your

original post. I should have checked the forums and posted earlier - sorry

for the silence here. As I say, this is the only downtime we've had in a

bunch of months; trust that this isn't a regular occurrence, and when it

does happen, our monitors contact folks with beepers, who get on it

immediately.

We should be back up shortly (I'm sitting on a call with the ops team, and

we're about to bring everything back online). Sincere apologies for the

inconvenience - we hate it as much as anyone (I'm supposed to be on holidays

right now =(.

nigel

Former Community Member

Hi All,

We're back in business. Sorry for the frustration. Here's to several more

months without issues (knocks on wood).

nigel

Level 3

Nigel,

Is there an api service that I can check and report on health of the service before my users try and login? Optimally that api would give some sort of eta to restoration of service.

I realize that the service has been up for some months without incident, but a hickup like this if we were in full production of this feature could really hurt our business. If I can't provide a hickup free service, at the very least I have to handle these hickups very gracefully. Having the service fail without explanation is not an option.

I do provide an event calendar that gets populated before the user logs in. I'd like to add an indicator to the event renderer that the service is down. Any insights on how best to achieve this goal would be appreciated.

John

Former Community Member

The health page ( http://health.acrobat.com/ ) has an rss feed. That should make it pretty easy to monitor the status of the service.

Former Community Member

Yup, Sandy's got it (thanks Sandy!). The RSS feed will have any scheduled

maintenance (48 hours in advance) as well as status as to whether there's a

service issue. We don't post ETAs for unscheduled maintenance, because in

general the answer in such cases is "ASAP". If we've updated the health page

to indicate it, a team of folks is already in the process of restoring

service.

We definitely take downtime extremely seriously, and you're right, it's

important in any client-server app to indicate if the client is unable to

reach the server for whatever reason. The RSS feed should be able to get you

what you need if it's a problem from our side.

hope that helps

nigel

Level 3

So there is no api to your net monitor status then? If I understand your process, your monitors page the appropriate techs and then those techs update the health page. Is this correct?

Comment: RSS parsing seems like unneeded overhead for a service status. What I was really hoping for is your first line of notification which sounds like your net monitors. I'm sure your very responsive to problem but if my description is correct then there's a possibility for lag time...

Just trying to understand how you guys are setup to support real products / users.

John

Former Community Member

Hi John,

Sorry for the overhead, but at the end of the day our net monitors are

fairly complicated - we'd prefer to boil down what's seen there (false

positives, different levels of failure, etc) into meaningful messages, which

is what you see in the RSS feed. This is what we're using for supporting all

our customers (large and small).

nigel

Level 1

hi nigel

While "health.acrobat.com/" show lccs service is operational, I still get  an "authorization error" neither in the Room Console or the apps

liangmeiseu

Former Community Member

Every once in a while I get that and after swearing up and down for a minute at no one in particular, I notice that I've exceeded my quota set in the developer portal. ( https://portal.collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/ )

I'm not sure if there's any way to check that sort of thing via the server2server api. ( Nigel, is there any way to do that? )

Employee

AccountManager.getAccountInfo() should return the current usage but depending on the language it may or may not be exposed in the returned object (I need to clean that up)

Sent from my iPhone