Expand my Community achievements bar.

Print Hierarchy?

Level 3

I asked this before and got no takers.  Anyone know a way to print the hierarchy in LiveCycle?  Would need all the objects expanded, and there are a LOT of them so doing screen shots and stitching together is a drag,

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you looking for a report about the fields on your form or do you truely want the hierarchy of the form?

Paul

Level 3

Hi Paul -

I am looking for the true hierarchy, just as it is displayed in the hierarchy tab.  We have governing rules about our code development whereby I need to have a "traceability matrix" from all fields to all code, and a printout of that hierarchy as displayed would help a bunch.  It would be even better if I could export that hierarchy out and then could put it into Word or Excel where I could then put more info about each object.  Not XML, as that gets odd to look at - just a simple hierarchy.

Jim

Former Community Member

I do not know of a way to print that .....there is a blog entry by JOhn Brinkman that has a report about your form that you might find useful. Here is a link:

http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2011/05/updated-form-report-tool.html

Paul

Level 3

Thanks, I'll check that out.  As a "power user" of sorts using LCD and Adobe forms I would suggest that a simple hierarchy printout would be very useful in future updates.  My ultimate employer is the DOE (that's the U.S. Department of Energy for all you non U.S. acronym in-the-know peeps) and I am creating some fairly in-depth and complex forms for big projects, and am starting to get a headache trying to present support documentation of all the objects, codes, relationships and variable actions in my forms. I can write how "DETSL" is a readonly textfield that's value is determined by user entry in object "SigLev", which is itself a binary radio group with the options blah blah blah located on "page 1" but a nice hierarchy would really help to tie it all together.

Jim