Expand my Community achievements bar.

Please Help!

Former Community Member

Hi there, I really need somebody's help here, as I am not familiar with LiveCycle really.

I had made a form in Acrobat Pro and enabled the Reader rights, but when the client used the form, it kept losing it's reader rights.

Therefore, it was suggested to me to try using LiveCycle. So, when I try to bring my pdf file into LiveCycle to make the form, I am having import problems. The pdf is 24 pages long, and I am importing it so that the text is flowable (otherwise I can't save it as a dynamic xml pdf). However, only the first page is coming in with the next editable, every other page is being turned into an image as opposed to text boxes.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening, and what I can do to fix it? Any help would be great!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

1) What version of Acrobat Professional are you using to Reader Extend?

2) What is the PDF version of the orginal PDF?

3) What version of Reader are you using to test the Reader-extended PDF?

4) Please clarify how the 'broken' rights manifest themselves?

Steve

Former Community Member

Thank you so much for getting back to me Steve. I tried to email you back directly, but the email kept bouncing back.

To answer your questions:

1) I am using Acrobat Pro 9.0 to Reader Extend

2) The original pdf is version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x), but I am making the form in Acrobat 9

3) We are using Reader versions 7.5, 8 and 9 to test, as our client needs this pdf to work in all of them. The only one that it currently works in is 9 (which is the least used by out client). 7.5 & 8 are where the problems arise.

4) The client can open the pdf in Reader 7.5 or 8, and they can fill in the form fields and save the file. However, if they try to reopen the pdf to make changes or to finish filling in the fields, they get a warning as soon as they open the file that reads: "This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document." and they can no longer fill in the form fields or save the file anymore.

I have attached the pdf which has the most complex scripting  and the most fields in it. However, the problem is happening in all of the form fillable pdf's that we have created.

I thank you in advance.

Former Community Member

Thank you so much for getting back to me Steve. I tried to email you back directly, but the email kept bouncing back.

To answer your questions:

1) I am using Acrobat Pro 9.0 to Reader Extend

2) The original pdf is version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x), but I am making the form in Acrobat 9

3) We are using Reader versions 7.5, 8 and 9 to test, as our client needs this pdf to work in all of them. The only one that it currently works in is 9 (which is the least used by out client). 7.5 & 8 are where the problems arise.

4) The client can open the pdf in Reader 7.5 or 8, and they can fill in the form fields and save the file. However, if they try to reopen the pdf to make changes or to finish filling in the fields, they get a warning as soon as they open the file that reads: "This document contained certain rights to enable special features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid. Please contact the author for the original version of this document." and they can no longer fill in the form fields or save the file anymore.

I have attached the pdf which has the most complex scripting  and the most fields in it. However, the problem is happening in all of the form fillable pdf's that we have created.

I thank you in advance.