Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF to the web

Level 3

I have a large PDF form created with LC Designer, and I would like the form to be fillable on the internet.

Is it possible to export the PDF to HTML or some other form that would be conducive to replicating the form as a web form?
2 Replies

Level 3

I have not tried to convert many, but I believe it is not really as simple as converting - depending on your form that is.  If you have a lot of complicated javascript, hidden fields, signatures, etc then I believe the form will need tweaking.  Most browsers support opening and running a PDF in situ, so you could just design a submit function into the website to submit the form when the user fills it in.  That may be the most direct route.

Acrobat Pro has an Export to HTML utility built in, but it does not work (to my experience) if you have certain code built in.  I used it to convert a "static" page with no input fields, but my dynamic pages with all the cool bells and whistles did not convert at all.

Jim

Level 3

I tried the Acrobat export to HTML and nothing was arranged correctly.

I think you're right in that the simplest solution will be to embed the pdf into the page itself.  What exactly are my options on the submit button:

Does the submit button launch an email client, or can I code the submit button to submit the content to my web server (and is it possible to automatically have the submission store the information in a sql database) ?