Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Signature

Level 2

Alright, So in Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 I created a pdf with a digital signature section for use with a Topaz pad. When I open the document in my Adobe (I have Acrobat Pro 9) then I am able to sign the form without  a problem. When I try to open the form on another computer though with Acrobat Reader only (have tried versions 7 and 9) with the plug-in installed from Topaz, I am unable to get the signature area to allow me to sign it with the pad. I click the signature field and nothing happens. I really need to find a solution to this problem. Thank you!

3 Replies

Employee

Digital Signatures is a "locked" feature in Reader. You need to Reader Extend your PDF document using LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES. This can turn on these "locked" features on a per document basis.

Level 2

Does this need to be installed on every computer with Reader?  Or just used to set the rights of the document? Thank you

Employee

Reader Extensions is a Server based product. You install it once on a server, run the PDFs you would like to "unlock" Reader features for. Then all the users require on their desktop is Reader.

You can read more about Reader Extensions here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/readerextensions/