Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page level locking vs Field level locking

Level 2

In my application, I have a page with some fields and a button.

1.Per requirement I need to lock each and every field present on this page. However, button should not get locked as this has script written on click event to unlock the fields present on the same page.

For locking all the fields: Form.Page.access = "protected"  --- this is working fine

Now to unlock the button: Form.Page.OverRide.access = ""; -- this is not working. Button still locked. I printed the status of the button on console and it shows as open.

2. If I try to lock each and every field individually, few fields are not getting locked and still remain editable. I have checked written code is correct.

My second question is how to lock all the fields without locking a button present on the same page level?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks, Jono and VJay.

I was able to resolve this by placing all the other fields on one subform and the override buttonn alone on another subform and locking only the former.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Hi Belle,

1. The simplest solution for this dnt include the button in the same page or same subform.

If that doesnt work below two thread might give you solution for your problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4196734

2. May i know what are the fileds are not getting locked (Decimal fields or Radio buttons etc..)

Vjay

Level 2

I have text fields on this page along with Override button. I have written code to lock each and every field using below script:

Form.Page.Field.access = "protected";

But this is not working.

So I locked whole page using Form.Page.access = "protected" script. It worked but Override button also got locked which I don't want.

To unlock Override Button, I have written Form.Page.Override.access = ""; script, still it is locked.

Level 10

Check the thread that Vjay posted, you'll need to use a loop to protect the fields instead of trying to do the whole page because I think once you've protected the page there's no way to unprotect one item.

And the syntax you're looking for is:

FieldName.access = "open";

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks, Jono and VJay.

I was able to resolve this by placing all the other fields on one subform and the override buttonn alone on another subform and locking only the former.