Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

One on One Video Chat

Level 2

Hello,

Am wondering what could be the best tool for one-on-one video chat. I don't think it makes sense to use LCCS and create multiple rooms, one for each video chat session. Can someone offer a comparison of FMS, Stratus or LCCS?

Thank you for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi There,

I think it makes perfect sense to create individual rooms for each

session. Rooms are cheap - you can create them from your server scripts.

This is similar to what you end up doing in Stratus - you need to have your

server introduce your users to each other. In our case, your server creates

a room and sends the url to both participants.

nigel

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi There,

I think it makes perfect sense to create individual rooms for each

session. Rooms are cheap - you can create them from your server scripts.

This is similar to what you end up doing in Stratus - you need to have your

server introduce your users to each other. In our case, your server creates

a room and sends the url to both participants.

nigel

Level 1

Is it possible to achieve this without creating a new room? I want to have multiple one on one video/audio shares in a room with some users in the room excluded. I have been trying to get this to work using the MultipleGroups sample, but haven't made much progress.

Also, I've tried creating multiple webcam instances but it seems like they all have to use the same default Collection Node... so I can't stop people using one webcam instance from subscribing to the stream that I would like to be private.

Is there a way to have two seperated one on one video/audio sessions in the same room? If so, is there a sample in the SDK showing this?

Ashley

Former Community Member

Hi Ashley,

We're about to make this a lot easier (within the next couple of months).

For now, you can check out publisherIDs on webcamSubscriber (this limits who

a person is listening to). So a workflow that work is :

A) have the publisher send a private message to the intended recipient,

telling them to set up a subscriber.

B) Have the recipient create a subscriber, and use the publisher's

publisherID on that webcamsubscriber.

This will get you pretty close, until we have a simpler way (it's

coming!).

nigel

Level 1

Thanks Nigel,

I'm trying to decide if I should implement the workaround or wait. Will the simpler solution be available in the SDK within the next 3-4 months?

Ashley.

Former Community Member

Hi Ashley,

As Nigel said, we will provide within our SDK framework to enable private streaming. You will be able to do one-to-one or one-to-selected group of people video chat. All you would need in future is to specify the selected set of publisherIDs of the people you want to chat( for one-to-one, just specifying that user's id should be fine).

And it will work for the audio streams also.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----