Expand my Community achievements bar.

Office 2007 Plugin

Level 2

Since installing the Office 2007 plugin for Livecycle Rights Management we have been experinecing a few issues.

Users who when using EXCEL 2007 and scrolling with their mouse it crashes, closes and recovers document. .

Also users trying to save word documents are unable to choose netowrk drives it just freezes. they have to save locally and copy to netowork.

Please note when plugin is removed both issues are resolved.

Any ideas?

Chad

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Chad

Do these issues occur on all Excel documents, or just those with policies applied, or both?

Does this occur with every system that has the plugin installed or just some?

Thanks

Steve

Level 2

HI Steve,

This is a weird one where it doesn't seem to be all PC's but we are getting more and more reports as the days go by.

Once the plugin is removed things return to normal.  The Excel problem occurs with documents that are not protected and happens most frequently when a user is scrolling through the document using the scroll wheel on the mouse.  It doesn't seem to happen when users use the page up or page down options.

The word doc issue I has so far only been reported by approximately 3 users but each one I personally investigated.  I remove the plugin and the user has no issue saving the file to the network.  I re-install as administrator and the un-configured plugin does not cause the issue,  but as soon as i configure and point it to the policy server the issue immediatley re-appears.

I am continuing to investigate  but was hoping someone has already experienced and resolved or can point me the right direction.

Thanks,

Chad