Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Email submit button(s) help

Level 1

I have a 5 page form and I need each page to go to a different email adress.  I have put a different email submit button on each page, but is there a way to script the button to only send the current page and not any of the others?  Or have one main email submit button that sends each page to a different email address?  I am new to Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES, but I have a (VB) programming background, so it seems like it should be possible with code  Thanks

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES ver 8.2

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The submit by email function will attach the complete form to the email. It cannot (afaik) split a form into five different PDFs.

However there are workarounds.

If you save the form as a Dynamic XML form in the save as dialog, then you can show and hide pages.

Here is an example of a form that changes the presence property of pages, depending on the choice selected from the dropdown.

http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/category/portfolio/showing-and-hiding-pages/

When it comes to something like this it is helpful to split the script. The mouseUp event fires before the click event.

For example for the email button on page 1, you can modify the script in the example to hide each of the pages 2-5 in the mouseUp event and then in the click event have the email script. In the postSubmit event you could have script to show all the pages again.

A word of caution - if the user has Reader then the form needs to be Reader Enabled, otherwise the submit as PDF will fail silently.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 1

Thank you for your help.  I see  what I was trying to do was incorrect, so I will pursue the options you presented.  Thanks again