Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Number format in a form

Level 4

I just created a new form with Adobe Livecycle 8.0. One of the fields is for a drivers license number. For example, if the user enters the drivers number as 015452325 & then tabs away from the field to the next field, the zero gets taken away from the number & commas are inserted automatically....how do I keep the number to stay just like the number is & also is there a way for me to tell the field to be numbers only. If letters are entered I'd like an error to pop up saying numbers only in the field....is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Use a Numberic Field from the object library.  On the object pallete/Value tab click the Validation Pattern button.  You can specify the format of the number for display etc there.  EG.  To have a nine digit number with leading zeros you will need the following pattern: num{999999999}

Setting the Validateion pattern will highlight errors.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Use a Numberic Field from the object library.  On the object pallete/Value tab click the Validation Pattern button.  You can specify the format of the number for display etc there.  EG.  To have a nine digit number with leading zeros you will need the following pattern: num{999999999}

Setting the Validateion pattern will highlight errors.