Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Number format in a form

Level 4

I just created a new form with Adobe Livecycle 8.0. One of the fields is for a drivers license number. For example, if the user enters the drivers number as 015452325 & then tabs away from the field to the next field, the zero gets taken away from the number & commas are inserted automatically....how do I keep the number to stay just like the number is & also is there a way for me to tell the field to be numbers only. If letters are entered I'd like an error to pop up saying numbers only in the field....is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Use a Numberic Field from the object library.  On the object pallete/Value tab click the Validation Pattern button.  You can specify the format of the number for display etc there.  EG.  To have a nine digit number with leading zeros you will need the following pattern: num{999999999}

Setting the Validateion pattern will highlight errors.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Use a Numberic Field from the object library.  On the object pallete/Value tab click the Validation Pattern button.  You can specify the format of the number for display etc there.  EG.  To have a nine digit number with leading zeros you will need the following pattern: num{999999999}

Setting the Validateion pattern will highlight errors.