Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need to add a new page 1 to a completed form

Level 7

I have a 4 page form that was completed. Now I need to add a new page 1 with information in text fields. When I insert a page it is inserted as the last page. I then move the page in the Hierarchy to the correct position and get 2 blank pages. When I try to delete the first one, I'm told there is no subform so the page cannot be deleted and the command is ended.

Thanks,

MDawn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I think I found the issue with the form..you can confirm..

For the page/ Subform "GuestSysAccessReq" you selected "Following Previous", for "Place" under Pagination tab. And rest of the Pages/ subforms you selected "Top of Next Page" as a value for "Place". And again at the end for "guidelines" page you selected "Top of Page -> Page1" as a value for "Place".

I corrected all the pages/ subforms to have the same value for the "Place" field as "Top of Page -> Page1" and then I added a new page and I could able to move the page to be the first page in the heirarchy. It did not add an empty page.. I am attaching the modified frm in the forum for your reference..

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

In the hierarchy view click on the new page1, then in the Object/Pagination tab, select place On Page "Page1" (or what ever you master page is called). Then go to the old page1 and in the same tab select place "Following Previous".

The spare page should then disappear.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 7

When rereading my entry, I realized I worded the problem wrong. I don't want to replace Page 1 (which is part of the Master page). I want to insert a new page ahead of the first page of my form. When I insert page, it's always placed at the end of the document. I tried your instructions and I still can't accomplish what I'm trying to do.

I'm attaching the document showing you what happened when I tried to follow the instructions. (There's always a chance I followed them wrong!) Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

MDawn

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I think I found the issue with the form..you can confirm..

For the page/ Subform "GuestSysAccessReq" you selected "Following Previous", for "Place" under Pagination tab. And rest of the Pages/ subforms you selected "Top of Next Page" as a value for "Place". And again at the end for "guidelines" page you selected "Top of Page -> Page1" as a value for "Place".

I corrected all the pages/ subforms to have the same value for the "Place" field as "Top of Page -> Page1" and then I added a new page and I could able to move the page to be the first page in the heirarchy. It did not add an empty page.. I am attaching the modified frm in the forum for your reference..

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Srini

Level 7

That was the answer.

Thank you very much

MDawn