Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

No calendar please!

Level 1

We startet a PDF-Form in Acrobat XI - and define a text-field with the format "date.

Then we have to open the form in ES4 and save it. But the date-field gets automatic this calendar, we dont want!!

Can we remove this feature???

thanx in anticipation!

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Maybe you can use a DateTimeField with a data format of Date (set on the binding tab).

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

... sorry, no.

When i switch a normal TextField into a DateFormat, then i always geht this black triangle at the end of the field, with this calendar-Option.

Level 10

Sorry, I meant a DateTimeField with a Date and Time data format.  You will still be able to use the date display patterns but will get a warning about incompatible pattern.  What exactly are you wanting that a text field doesn't offer?

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

hm... i think my english is to bad?

we need a DateTime-formated Field. Because, when someone types in the field "32156664", then a warning have to come with the message : "No date ... blabla"

Its ok in Acrobat XI, with a form !!

But we have to converte the Forms to LifeCycleDesigner Version ES4 - and then the field gets this Calender-PopUp ......

Bildschirmfoto 2014-03-25 um 13.51.26.png

we dont want it !!!! We only want a (stupid) date field...

Level 10

Hi,

if you don't want to use the calendar widget you will have to use a text field with a script to check the entered data for a valid date format.

As an example:

If you put this script into the text fields exit event, it will warn the user if the entered data has not the format dd/mm/yyyy or d/m/yy or d.m.yyyy with separators: . - /.

var str = this.rawValue,

regExp = /^([0]?[1-9]|[1|2][0-9]|[3][0|1])[.\/-]([0]?[1-9]|[1][0-2])[.\/-]([0-9]{4}|[0-9]{2})$/g;

if (!str.match(regExp)) {

if (xfa.host.messageBox("This is not a valid date", "Invalid date", 0, 0) === 2) {

this.rawValue = "";

xfa.host.setFocus(this.somExpression);

}

}