Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need urgent help regarding Adobe LC ES2 JBOSS Clustering

Level 1

Hi,

Am trying to setup a Horizontal Cluster setup(with two nodes) for Adobe LiveCycle ES2 with Adobe preconfigured JBOSS 4.2.1 and MSSQL 2008(single instance running on one of the nodes).

I have successfully completed till Installing LC ES2 Modules in both the nodes according to the "Configuring LiveCycle® ES2 Application Server Clusters Using JBoss" document.

But now the problem is about the next step, which is "Configuring LiveCycle ES2 for Deployment". The steps in this section do not clearly talk about where to run the configuration manager tool, i mean on which node of the cluster as two nodes are different machines in my case as it is a horizontal cluster. But at step 20 of configuring LC ES2(page 45 of the above mentioned document) there's note which says "Note: You need to initialize the database against only one server of the cluster. Subsequent steps need to be performed on only this server as well."

Now,

i) Does it mean that till step 19 i will have to parallely run configuration manager tool on both the nodes of the cluster and at step 20 i will have to completely exit the configuration manager tool on one node(Say node A) and continue the rest of all the steps(till 46) only in the other node( node B ) ?

OR

I will have to keep the configuration manager window open in both the machines and perform some steps say for example 20 to 25 only in one node(say node B ) and skip these steps in node A and resume from 26 in node A and complete till the end in both the machines ?

ii) At step 16 of the same section theres a note which says "Note: The paths for pop3.jar and the JDK must be same on all nodes in the cluster.". Where will the pop3.jar be ? I cudn't find it anywhere in the installation media or in the server folders ?

Please help me asap as am stuck with it for two days !!! Please let me know if you need any other details.

0 Replies