Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Need output data to flow down then start again at top (populate two columns)

Former Community Member

Greetings,

I'm creating a form which will be used as an output. It is an itinerary where various flight details are presented on a leg-by-leg basis.  Part of the leg-by-leg data is the list of passengers, anywhere from 0-45 names. I need to display them in two columns, with their passenger number.  (Number 1, number 2, number 3.)  If there are 24 names to display, I need to display two columns of 12 names each. In column 1 I should have passenger numbers 1-12 and in column number 2 I should have passenger numbers 13-24.  If there are 45 names, I need a column of 23 names and a column of 22 names, oneblank cell under the 22nd name is acceptable.

I currently have a form which shows 2 names in a row, and repeating the rows until I run out of name data. The problem is, this method means the passenger number is 1 then 2, in th next row I have 3 then 4, next row is 4 then 5, which is awkward at best.

My data elements are allthe same, that is, my pinding for every passenger name is the same, as is the binding for every passenger number.  I relly on the repeating row functions to create the correct number of rows.

The first table shows what I have already.  

Pas #Pas NamePas #

Pas

Name

1Bill2Jasmine
3Syd4Neo
5Lee6Smith
7Heinrich8Bastian
9Alex10Rodrigo

Second table shows what I am trying to get to.

Pas #Pas NamePas #Pas Name
1Bill6Smith
2Jasmine7Heinrich
3Syd8Bastian
4Neo9Alex
5Lee10Rodrigo

Any suggestions on how to make this happen are most appreciated.  I can send my file if it helps,  I am also getting extra blank pages, but I'm just trying to solve one problem at a time!

Thank You,

SwimRunFish

1 Reply

Level 3

you should create 2 content areas on your master page, let's say C1 and C2, which align like parallel columns.

then reside you dynamic table inside a subform which has Content: FLOWED and ALLOW PAGE BREAKS WITHIN CONTENT : CHECKED

the Subform should be placed inside the content Area C1.

Your Subform's Pagination tab should be configured like this:

Place: Following Previous

Keep With : previous

After: Continue filling parent

Overflow: Go to Content area C2

for the table it should allow PAGE BREAKS WITHIN CONTENT

And lastly save the entire form as a dynamic PDF or XDP.