Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need another pair of eyes to help on this form..........

Level 3

Hello Everyone,

I have a form that needs a little love.....I have it setup to take values from drop downs and match the values from numeric fields with the dropdowns and multiply the information depending on what is selected.  The problem I am running into is it isn't always working.  If I select one of the first two options in packDes1 then it works exactly like it should though if i select any other monthly option it doesn't multiply correctly.

The form is found at the following URL for Download:

http://www.shingleme.com/NewCostForm_6_15_2010.pdf

Any help is appreciated

3 Replies

Former Community Member

You have a typo in your Ad Package DropDown exir event code .....the 1st two tests for College Square are OK then you have a typo in the name College starting at the test for the Eblast.

Also the 1st line of code where you are ORing all of the options together needs to be on a single line ....there is no continuation character to inform the engine that this is all one line.

Paul

Level 3

Paul,

Thank you again for coming through!!!!!!  Once I fixed the typo and put the "if" code block on one line it worked. I have a strange question then though.  can you do something like

var j = 'justin';

textfield.rawValue = j.rawValue (Where j is the value justin and justin is the name of a textfield)

The reason I ask is I went and used find/replace for the other rows in the form to separate all of them but wanted to use inplace substitution though wasn't sure how to do it.

Justin

Former Community Member

No you cannot do that .....the product woudl look for an object called j not knowing that you want to substit

ute it.

You coudl use the xfa.resolveNode("object name as a string").method or property syntax to do that.

So xfa.resolveNode(j).rawValue

where j is a string.

Paul