Expand my Community achievements bar.

Missing Default Constructor when calling Web Services

Former Community Member

Hi all.

After doing some work with the web services (SOAP .net), it seems to me there are some unresolvable issues with certain data types.  For example, when working with the RightsManagementService, there is a method called createPolicyFromExistingPolicy that takes a number of parameters.  One of the parameters is principalsToAdd which is of type IUserlist.  I can define the object in .NET with the following code:

Dim ulist As RMS.IUserlist = New RMS.IUserlist()

ulist.principals = New Object() {user1p, user2p}

where RMS is my service reference in .net, and user1p and user2p are defined elsewhere.  The error I get is

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Unable to create JavaBean of type com.adobe.livecycle.userlist.IUserlist.  Missing default constructor?  Error was: java.lang.InstantiationException: com.adobe.livecycle.userlist.IUserlist.

I've gotten this "Missing default constructor" error in other places as well.  The solution for the other places is to use the "Impl" objects.  For example, trying to use RMS.User throws the error, but using RMS.UserImpl works.  This is all fine and good, but there is no "Impl" object for IUserlist.

How do I generate a IUserlist for use with livecycle SOAP web services?

Thanks much.

0 Replies