Expand my Community achievements bar.

MasterPage Instances and/or Multi-PageSets

Level 7

Hi,

There is a single occurance MasterPage1 for the initial page of the form which has a nice header with conpany logo, form title, yada, yada... and a reduced Content Area. This is followed by a multiple occurance MasterPage2 with a much smaller header and larger Content Area.

Now, when printed--a hidden fax cover sheet (page-sized subform). is revealed at the beginning of the form. No problem hiding and revealing the subform container using prePrint and postPrent events. That works just as expected.

Problem:

Need either 2 occurances of MasterPage1 when printed (1 for Cover + 1 for 1st pg of form) and then only 1 occurance before and after printing--when there is no coversheet..

--or--

Need a unique MasterPage for the cover visible only when printed--and hidden before and after printing. Visibility settings in MasterPage Object Tab don't allow "hidden", and the "print only" just hides the objects on it--so it renders a blank page.on screen.

--or possibly--

The answer is having 2 Different PageSets? Never tried this and I am struggling with it. This is what gave me the idea, but it doesn't really say exactly how to explain well enough (for me to understand, anyway) how to designate which PageSet will be used?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000090.html
PageSets.png

Tried scripting the presence = "hidden" for a separate MasterPage (seems that property doen't exist for MasterPage)

Tried MasterPage1.setInstances(2)  at prePrint--doen't work either

Any suggestions appreciated--the person with the solution gets a beverage of their choice!

Thanks,

Stephen

3 Replies

Level 7

Hi, I will see if I can describe this better: When the form is opened

On the screen is:

MasterPage1]0]

MasterPage 2[0]

MasterPage 2[1]

MasterPage 2[2]

etc...

EOF

At printing I would like:

MasterPage1[0]            

MasterPage1[1]                   

MasterPage 2[0]

MasterPage 2[1]

MasterPage 2[2]

etc...

EOF

or, as a work-around, at printing I would like::

MasterPage1[0]

MasterPageX[0] (a look-alike of MasterPage1)

MasterPage 2[0]

MasterPage 2[1]

MasterPage 2[2]

etc...

EOF

Always after printing I want to return to the original::

MasterPage1

MasterPage 2

MasterPage 2

MasterPage 2

etc...

EOF

Even though there is drop-down box for the presence property in the Object Tab, it automatically reverts to visible when set to hidden. Also, scripts generate an error saying MasterPage doesn't have a presence property. And, the instanceManager method doesn't seem to work on Master Pages.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephen

Level 10

Hi Stephen,

I think that your best bet is the second Master Page that looks like MasterPage1. Or a hidden design page that uses MasterPage1 that is made visible prePrint.

Trial and error...

Niall

Level 7

Hi Niall,

Thanks for considering my delema and your response.

I have tried having 3 separate Master Pages with the 2nd being a chameleon that looks like MasterPage2 normally and MasterPage1 at prePrint

MasterPage1                                                                                     // restricted to 1 occurance

MasterPageChameleon (can be scripted to look like either 1 or 2)   //restricted to 1 occurance

MasterPage2                                                                                     //occurances not restricted

And, alternatively, the problem with a hidden design page (if you mean hidden objects that appear in the Content Area at prePrint) is that I can't have design objects outside the Content Area(s) and I run into problems trying to script changes to the Content Area's y and h properties. So, that is problematic. Especially, since they have fundamentally different Content Area(s), 2 column flowed layout vs. 1 column flowed layout.

I'm sure I'll figure out something eventually--I'm thinking the pagination settings hold the answer. Anyway, it's not a deal-breaker issue. I can carry on and implement something later.

Thanks,

Stephen