Expand my Community achievements bar.

Making Signatures Fields read only or inactive until Check-Boxes are Checked

Level 2

Help received on these forums have been excellent so far so here is another question;

I have a form with multiple sections and each section had a signature field and multiple check-boxes (up to 6), is it possible to have the signature field read only or inactive until an number (up to 4 or more) of the check-boxes in that section are checked?.

I would also like to have a message pop up when if they try to sign and not all the mandatory check-boxes are checked.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 2

AAnyone with thoughts on this?‌

Level 5

One technique would be to put code in the DocReady event to evaluate the form state.

See which subform should be acted on, and determine which fields on the form should be opened for edit.

You can use the layout ready event of a subform that contains a signature field to check if the specific fields for that signature meet your validations

- Set the access of the appropriate signature field to 'open' - if they are not,set it as 'protected'.

You can also evaluate the signature fields to check it they contain a valid signature to indicate which subform should be opened for edit.