Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Expandable text boxes continue on the next page?

Former Community Member

So I'm still new in making forms with LiveCycle. I have managed to get about 95% of the form done. What I can't seem to figure out is how to get a subform with two expandable text boxes to wrap to the second page. Any ideas? I have read that "technically" there isn't a second page that it's all based off of hierarchy but, I have a second page "(untitled Subform)(page2.") I want the subform with expandable text boxes to flow onto the second page and push the content down. So far all I have managed is for the information to get cut off at the bottom of page one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trelynn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

considering that your textbox is inside a subform which is inside a Page, you must make sure that each items which are the textbox parents are all set to Flowed content

Also, make sure each parents are Allow Page Break within Content

You can find both options within the Object palette > Subform

848473_pastedImage_0.png

Also make sure that your textbox has the Allow Page Breaks within Content option "checked"

Hope this will help ya

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

considering that your textbox is inside a subform which is inside a Page, you must make sure that each items which are the textbox parents are all set to Flowed content

Also, make sure each parents are Allow Page Break within Content

You can find both options within the Object palette > Subform

848473_pastedImage_0.png

Also make sure that your textbox has the Allow Page Breaks within Content option "checked"

Hope this will help ya

Former Community Member

Thank you Magnus. I was able to figure it out about 30 minutes after I posted this. My parent form wasn't set to Flowed. So that caused my subforms to not flow onto the next page. I was hoping this wasn't the problem as I started creating the form in a positioned content and everytime I changed it to Flowed Content it would change the format and push everything to the left margin. I was able to adjust this by using the margins inside the text boxes and subforms within the Parent form.

Hopefully that all just made sense.

Thank you so much for your answer. It is greatly appreciated.