Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Major issue with reader extended error message

Level 4

Good morning everyone,

I've encountered a new problem last couple of days with my PDF forms that were all reader extended either via Server or Acrobat 10 & 11.

All my clients are reporting the following error message:

"This document enabled extended features in adobe reader. The use of the extended features has expired....."

Now my question is that what causes this to pop up? I did research a bit and it does reference a date/time issue, but im getting this issue, my clients are getting this issue.

Is there something else that could trigger this?

Now, to fix it right now, i can re-apply the extended reader function to the document, but that just feels like a band-aid solution as i will no doubt be hit with this problem again in the future.

Are there any other ways to fix this permenently as i do have hundreds of these suckers that will need fixing?

Thank you very much,

Patrick

5 Replies

Level 8

I'd be surprised if the documents that were extended with Acrobat are having an issue.  With the server there is a certificate that you must have installed using trustmanager.  The trial certificate expired at the end of the year, I have put a new certificate on the trial download site but there is an issue if you're using the barcoded form option.  I'll be updating the certificate again shortly.  If you have purchased the product you should have updated the certificate with the production certificate that was sent to you and not use the trial certificate. 

Level 4

thank you very much for the info TundraSteve,

I think does certificates come from that Adobe Licensing Web Site, correct?

If that's the case i will go get a copy of what i need and send them to my LiveCycle server guy to enable them.

thx.

No barcodes right now to deal with, so ok to download from that website?

Level 8

I would NOT recommend using the trial certificates in a production environment.  The production cert is either on the licensing site or sent as an email

Level 4

Thank you very much ThundraSteve, it was an issue with the certificate, the purchased version was never installed so we were running on the trial certificate. Thank you so much for pointing us in the right direction.

Level 1

I am also getting this message and we have installed the purchased versions of both LiveCycle Designer ES2 and Adobe Acrobat Pro X (PC versions) and Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 (OS). Basically, I created a PDF form in Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 (OS) with Reader Extended Enabled, then brought it over to my PC and imported into LiveCycle Designer ES2 for additional Live features. The form works fine on both Adobe Acrobat Pro X (PC versions) and Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 (OS). When a PC used with Adobe Acrobat Reader opens it, the message pops up. Also, tried opening the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro X/PC to resave as Reader Extended.... says it is already. The Adobe Acrobat Reader isn't reading the file correctly.

error_message.png