Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

mailto question

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I know how to code a button in my forms so that it sends the form as a PDF attachment in the email:

var mail;

mail = "mailto:somebody@happy.com" + "?subject=Something";

event.target.submitForm({

cURL: mail,

bEmpty: true,

cSubmitAs: "PDF",

cCharset: "utf-8"

});

My questions are:
1. This always creates a Plain Text email. Is there any way that I can allow it to generate a Rich Text email?
2. Can I specify a small image, like a logo, so that it will appear in the body of the message. Let's assume I have that image in the form somewhere.
3. Is there any way for me to generate the email so that it uses the User's "signature" in Outlook?
I guess all three of these questions are kind of one question. I do not want an ugly plain text email. I want the genrated email to look nice.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I appreciate what you are trying to achieve, but I don't think that you will have much luck.

From what I see of the submitForm method there isn't a parameter for the email format.

Images in the form are stored as base64 format, so you would need to decode it first. In any case I don't think that you could pass it to the email.

Lastly I can't see how you could force the use of a particular signature. The form is basically passing over the process to the email client, which then completes the submit process.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I appreciate what you are trying to achieve, but I don't think that you will have much luck.

From what I see of the submitForm method there isn't a parameter for the email format.

Images in the form are stored as base64 format, so you would need to decode it first. In any case I don't think that you could pass it to the email.

Lastly I can't see how you could force the use of a particular signature. The form is basically passing over the process to the email client, which then completes the submit process.

Good luck,

Niall