Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Loading XML from web service and update bindings

Level 2

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1. I have a table which is bound to a repeating element in my XML Schema  (I have a Data Connection in place to an XSD file)
  2. I have a simple web service which, when called on a click of a button, fetches some XML
  3. On return of the XML I load this into the DOM (using a simple loadXML call - xfa.datasets.data.MyNode.loadXML(invokeResponse.myReturnedXml.document.rawValue,1,1))
  4. This updates the DOM properly and upon viewing it with a simple xfa.datasets.data.saveXML("pretty") all looks good

The problem is that even though the table is bound correctly to the relevant node it doesn't get updated with the newly inserted data.  If I test the form with the data as output by xfa.datasets.data.saveXML("pretty") I get everything working fine but when updating the DOM dynamically upon clicking the button the table doesn't update.

Is there a way to "refresh" the data bindings after I've finished loading the XML into the DOM following the web service call?

0 Replies