Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Livecycle visible(screen only) not working

Level 1

I am working on a form in Livecycle es2. I have a number of text boxes and drop down menus which I

dont want to be printed hence I have set their visibility to Screen Only. However, when i print them, they

still show up. Any help will be much appreciated. thanks.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi mys,

this is weird as it is suppose to be shown on screen only.

You could also add a bit of script on those objects which you don't want to to be printed.

Use both events: prePrint & postPrint

prePrint: Right before printing you can add a line to the object in reference (this) and hide its presence

this.presence = "hidden";

postPrint: Right after printing you can add a line to the object in reference (this) and show its presence

this.presence = "visible";

Level 1

Thanks Magus069.

I have tried to do this but it does not work for some reason.

My form was working perfectly fine until just a few hours ago.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Level 10

Hi again,

Alright well, first verify if all your scripts in the form with the Script Validation (Check Script) to see if there isn't any syntax error somewhere.

If there is nothing to correct, copy you pages with all objects and then create a new form and paste it in there, sometimes this may fix some things...

Hope this works.

Level 10

Hi mys449,

I've take look to your form and haven't found out how to put relevant "-print" to be working. I've noticed that your form is a static form which could be the reason why it is not working.

To work around this issue, I suggest you to use the prePrint and postPrint events of the objects and make them invisible for when it is printing and the set it back to visible.

This should do the trick for a static form.

Level 1

Thanks a lot. You are a life saver. The method you have described WORKS!