Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Livecycle es2 - pop-ups

Level 1

I am using Livecycle Designer ES2 for the first time, and I also have very minimal knowledge of java scripting. The form I am trying to create is pretty basic, an intro section for name, date, etc followed by 7 questions with open text boxes to enter responses. These text boxes expand with the content entered and print with full content. I have all that working fine, my problem is, I would like to have help buttons at the end of each question. When clicked a popup box would appear with instructions and hyperlinks to additional resources. The popups should "x" to close and not print with the form. I can't figure out any way to create these pop-ups. I have tried several things with the action builder and cant figure it out there.

I could embed a flash object to launch as the popup, but I can't figure out how to do that either!

I am working on a Windows XP pc, with LiveCycle Designer ES2 and Acrobat Pro X. I am pretty sure I have some java restrictions for security but I am not sure what they are.

Thank you to anyone who can let me know a way to make this happen - even better with an example!!!

1 Reply

Level 9

Hi,

You can use messageBox here. See the bewlow code

var response = xfa.host.messageBox ("Do you want to view the help content", "Information", 2, 3);
if (response == 4)
{
   xfa.host.gotoURL ("www.google.co.in"); // Opens up the help page.
  }

Here the messageBox takes 4 parameters, 1st one is compulsory, rest are optional.

Param1 - 'Do you want to view the help content' - The text you want to display the user.

Param2 - 'Information' - The Title of the JavaScript window.

Param 3 - '2' - The icon of the message box.

If you put the following following it will come likewise.

0 - Cross Mark (X)

1 -  Exclamation Mark

2 - Question Mark - (?)

3 - Information

Param 4 - '3' - The buttons you want to display.

0 - OK

1 - OK, Cancel

2 - Yes,No

3 - Yes, No, Cancel

Returns the type of the button that was pressed by the user: '1' (OK), '2' (Cancel), '3' (No), and '4' (Yes).

So, customize as per your need.

Thanks,

Bibhu.