Expand my Community achievements bar.

Livecycle es2 - pop-ups

Level 1

I am using Livecycle Designer ES2 for the first time, and I also have very minimal knowledge of java scripting. The form I am trying to create is pretty basic, an intro section for name, date, etc followed by 7 questions with open text boxes to enter responses. These text boxes expand with the content entered and print with full content. I have all that working fine, my problem is, I would like to have help buttons at the end of each question. When clicked a popup box would appear with instructions and hyperlinks to additional resources. The popups should "x" to close and not print with the form. I can't figure out any way to create these pop-ups. I have tried several things with the action builder and cant figure it out there.

I could embed a flash object to launch as the popup, but I can't figure out how to do that either!

I am working on a Windows XP pc, with LiveCycle Designer ES2 and Acrobat Pro X. I am pretty sure I have some java restrictions for security but I am not sure what they are.

Thank you to anyone who can let me know a way to make this happen - even better with an example!!!

1 Reply

Level 9

Hi,

You can use messageBox here. See the bewlow code

var response = xfa.host.messageBox ("Do you want to view the help content", "Information", 2, 3);
if (response == 4)
{
   xfa.host.gotoURL ("www.google.co.in"); // Opens up the help page.
  }

Here the messageBox takes 4 parameters, 1st one is compulsory, rest are optional.

Param1 - 'Do you want to view the help content' - The text you want to display the user.

Param2 - 'Information' - The Title of the JavaScript window.

Param 3 - '2' - The icon of the message box.

If you put the following following it will come likewise.

0 - Cross Mark (X)

1 -  Exclamation Mark

2 - Question Mark - (?)

3 - Information

Param 4 - '3' - The buttons you want to display.

0 - OK

1 - OK, Cancel

2 - Yes,No

3 - Yes, No, Cancel

Returns the type of the button that was pressed by the user: '1' (OK), '2' (Cancel), '3' (No), and '4' (Yes).

So, customize as per your need.

Thanks,

Bibhu.