Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Livecycle ES2 Footer TextField not Populating.

Level 2

I have a text field on the bottom of the master page of my form that is set to populate with the value of a text field on my actual form upon exiting from that form text field. It's just the title of the action being taken and my intent is for this title to appear on the bottom of all pages of my form. I also have on the bottom of the master page a custom "page n of m" text field.

The "page n of m" field populates without a problem and correctly shows the page numbers on all pages of the form.

The problem is, the "title" text field on the master page that is supposed to populate as described in the first sentence above only populates correctly on the first page of my form. All the other pages still have the default value on them.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how I might fix it?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Can I suggest trying the code the other way around. So in the masterpage footer put something like (in formcalc):

if (Page1.title.isnull == 0) then

$ = Page1.title

else $ = ""

endif

- obviously changing the name of Page1.title to whatever your field is called. You can put that in the layoutReady event of the footer

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

Can you provide the code or the Action Builder steps you used? Also, do you use multiple master pages?

Level 2

I am only using one master page.

The ActionBuilder code is this:

this.resolveNode("#pageSet.Page1.FooterText1").rawValue = this.resolveNode("$").rawValue;

I've been staring at thi strying top figure out what I mgiht change, but no luck so far. That dollar sign seems wrong, no?

Thanks.

Level 7

If you don't mind using javascript instead of action builder, here's the code that would go in the exit event for that text field in your document--the one that you type in.

form1.pageSet.Page1.tfFooter.rawValue = this.rawValue;

Of course, I don't know what you named the footer text box, so change tfFooter to whatever you named it.

Level 2

I actually prefer using JavaScript, but LiveCycle is a bit new to me and I'm up against a deadline. Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it.

I don't mean to break forum rules but I have another question, which is: Where does one "place" JavaScript subs in LiveCycle Designer that don't relate specifically to an object, or is that even possible? I'm trying to write a sub that will display a series of user messages based on which button is clicked and I do not want to create a long list of ActionBuilder events. It will be much more efficient of I can just have each "click" call a single sub that contains a case statement.

If I need to ask it thorugh another channel please let me know.

Thanks again.

Level 7

Each button gets its own click event to perform whatever action you wish. I'm not sure if that answers your question.

Level 2

It sort of does, thanks. I did read where you can do global scripts and that may be where I find my solution.

Incidentally, the new code suggestion behaves the same way. The master page textField shows up on each page of the form, but the value is only showing up in the first page after my exit event. All other pages show the default value. Puzzling.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Can I suggest trying the code the other way around. So in the masterpage footer put something like (in formcalc):

if (Page1.title.isnull == 0) then

$ = Page1.title

else $ = ""

endif

- obviously changing the name of Page1.title to whatever your field is called. You can put that in the layoutReady event of the footer