Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

LifeRay SSO to LiveCycle

Level 1

Hi All

I'm after a solution that allows me to Sign on in LifeRay portal and to use workspace and Soap API in LC with out having the user to sign on again. I have to Synchronize some users and roles/groups from LifeRay

We do not use LDAP, we do however use a Open Id based system that passes us to the portal after Login in and links the token to the local LifeRay account    

I'm looking for a well defined definition of what I have to do, so far I have assumed the following:

• I need to create a Auth      provider class based on the AuthProvider interface.
  • Create a directory manager      using DirectoryUserProvider, DirectoryGroupProvider interfaces to allow      for account Synchronizing
  • To put user Id's in the      Http Header before connecting to workspace from the portal.

Is there any diagram to show how the system interacts or perhaps a complete example?

Any advice/tips would be happily received or perhaphs a complete example????

Cheers

Al

1 Reply

Level 8

LiveCycle User Manager does have the capability to fetch and synchronize user accounts with non-LDAP systems as well as to authenticate users against 3rd party systems.  To do this you will need to write a bit of code to bridge the gap.  This is done by coding service provider interfaces (SPI).  There are two flavours:

1 - Authentication Manager - authenticates a user against the - basically your single sign on

2 - Directory Manager - populates and synchronizes user records much the way LC does with LDAP out of the box - basically your authorization.

There are pretty good examples in the online documentation:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/samples/000365.html