Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LifeRay SSO to LiveCycle

Former Community Member

Hi All

I'm after a solution that allows me to Sign on in LifeRay portal and to use workspace and Soap API in LC with out having the user to sign on again. I have to Synchronize some users and roles/groups from LifeRay

We do not use LDAP, we do however use a Open Id based system that passes us to the portal after Login in and links the token to the local LifeRay account    

I'm looking for a well defined definition of what I have to do, so far I have assumed the following:

• I need to create a Auth      provider class based on the AuthProvider interface.
  • Create a directory manager      using DirectoryUserProvider, DirectoryGroupProvider interfaces to allow      for account Synchronizing
  • To put user Id's in the      Http Header before connecting to workspace from the portal.

Is there any diagram to show how the system interacts or perhaps a complete example?

Any advice/tips would be happily received or perhaphs a complete example????

Cheers

Al

1 Reply

Level 8

LiveCycle User Manager does have the capability to fetch and synchronize user accounts with non-LDAP systems as well as to authenticate users against 3rd party systems.  To do this you will need to write a bit of code to bridge the gap.  This is done by coding service provider interfaces (SPI).  There are two flavours:

1 - Authentication Manager - authenticates a user against the - basically your single sign on

2 - Directory Manager - populates and synchronizes user records much the way LC does with LDAP out of the box - basically your authorization.

There are pretty good examples in the online documentation:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/samples/000365.html