Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCCS SHOWCASE ON YOUR TABLET

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to build and run the following example: http://www.riagora.com/2011/03/lccs-showcase-on-your-tablet/

It includes the source code.

Environement:

Windows 7

Flash Bilder 4.5

Flash SDK 4.5

LCCS 10.3

Player 10.3

Steps:

Create a project and add extarct te zip uder the project directory.

problem:

seeing the following errors few times:

Could not resolve <mx:Image> to a component implementation. LCCStabletShowcase.mxml

Could not resolve <mx:TextInput> to a component implementation. LCCStabletShowcase.mxml

I suppose its not a lccs issue but hope you can help resolve this.

Thanks,

Ofer

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi, Ofer,

It looks like the app is not written with Flex 4.5 mobile-specific code in

mind. I believe that if you create a Flex Mobile Project, it does not

include the halo components (including mx:Image and mx:TextInput).

I'm not familiar with the specific app, but switching the components that

are giving you errors to the spark versions (<s:Image> andf <s:TextInput>, I

believe) should solve your immediate problems.

Thanks

sasha

Level 2

Hi Shasha,

Is there a another compatible example I can use that do something similiar? delivering video from mobile device to my desktop?

Thanks,

Ofer

Employee

Hi Ofer,

For other examples, Try exploring FlashOnly examples in the sample Apps that comes with the SDK.

Also in the link you mentioned, the author uses Flex 4, and ensure your project is mx compatible (Flex Compiler settings in Project Properties). This might fix your issue.

Thanks

Arun

Employee

You need to configure FlashBuilder to use the mx components. By default 4.5 is configured to use the new Spark components ( with a namespace of s:* ) but the example is using the old Halo components ( with a namespace of mx:* ).

Go in the properties for your project and make sure you compile for Flex 3 or select the option to use only the mx components, or both spark and halo:

In Flex Compiler, see if you can select "Use a specific SDK" and pick a Flex 3.x SDK (my version of FlashBuilder shows 3.2).

or, if you have to use the Flex 4.5 SDK go in Flex Build Path / Library Path and change the settings for Component Set from Spark only to MX only (or MX + Spark)

Note that the MX components are not designed/optimized for mobile, so even if the application should work it may feel slower that it should be.

Level 3

Not that I know of, although someone else on the forum may have an example

they're willing to share. We're working on a mobile version of the LCCS Flex

sdk right now, but it's not ready yet.

As Arun mentioned, there is a FlashWebCamExample application that is

included in the LCCS SDK, and I believe that it should work on a mobile

device with no problems.

sasha