Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

lccs.rb for Ruby 1.9.2

Level 2

The old version of the LCCS library files for Ruby (lccs.rb) was not working in Ruby 1.9.2 because of a change in how switch statements are handled. The original files were written for Ruby 1.8.7, and I have verified they work in that environment, but as I was deploying to Heroku, I wanted to have Rails 3 on the Cedar stack, which required that I also use Ruby 1.9.2.

For anyone interested, I have uploaded the fix to a public GitHub repository:

https://github.com/startupsatillinois/lccs_ruby

6 Replies

Employee

I thought I updated the syntax to work for Ruby 1.9.x. But I will look again and integrate your changes where needed. Thanks!

Level 2

Apologies if you have already updated this; I can remove it if there are no differences. I haven't downloaded the LCCS SDK for at least a few weeks now.

Employee

Your version is actually quite old (version 2 while the current one should be version 7).

I have just verified that the latest version works fine with Ruby 1.9.2 so you can safely use the latest SDK (that has some added functionalities, like support for recordings)

But actually I think you took these files (since you also have lccs_helper.rb) from the ExternalAuthentication example and I guess we forgot to update those too. I'll do it for next release (but again, in the mean time you can just drop the "official" lccs.rb in your rails application)

Former Community Member

Just a quick sidenote on this -

We discovered that the SDK navigator has a bug wherein it fails to

completely unzip the SDK payload. Turns out, it misses 3 files, one of which

is LCCS.rb. So, if you need this file, head on over to the developer portal,

click the "Download the SDK" button, and download the ZIP payload. It's got

the file you need.

For the record, we did fix this unzip issue, but it made it in too late for

last week's release. It'll show up next time around.

cheers,

nigel

Level 2

Thanks Nigel, I found the updated lccs.rb in the payload: /payload/serverIntegration/ruby/lccs.rb (although it doesn't include the lccs_helper.rb, which I found to be convenient, I think the one that comes with the ExternalAuthentication app works just fine in 1.9.2).

Level 4

Sweet you guys fixed the bug I described several weeks back! Can't wait to get the newest LCCS.rb