Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

lccs chat window

Level 2

Hi,

I m a beginner to flex.I had used LCCS AdobeHSAuthenticator chat window with LCCS account.

The problem is I need to chat with users from a mysql database that a listed in a listbox.When a user who logged in should be able to select another user from the listbox and the chat area should display that name.

please give me a solution

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

If you want to do such a kind of private chat, you would have to use private messages using recipientID to only that user. Our chat is a standard one and we don't provide customized one but we give access to source as well our functions are all protected so you can subclass too.

You will see the mechanism for sending private messages in our chat using recipientIDs. Look at the source code of SimpleChatModel and look for recipientIDs. In our standard chat, you can also select an user from the combobox and send him private message. Our default user list shows all users in the room.

For your case, you would have to make sure the you are selecting from your list of users from mysql database. You will have to look into the code of sendMessage and other functions in SimpleChatModel and look for more details.

Another thing could be build a lobby kind of system, whereas any user can request to the developer server through our S2S API that he wants to chat with a guy, the server can create a new room and then redirect that guy and the requested one in a new room with just a chat in it , so that they can chat. This is big and complex and for your case , I believe the option I mentioned above will be sufficient.

If you need a specific pointer, let me know

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi There,

I have to say, Hironmay is a very patient man - you should thank him. When

I hear an email that ends with "please give me a solution", I naturally

think that the person sending it should do a little more research on his

own. We love helping out, but please meet us halfway.

thanks

nigel

Level 2

Thank u sooo much hironmay .Defently i ll try it.

Level 2

Agreed Hironmay is THE most patient man and always replies. Nigel Thank you for your tutorials on LCCS on constructing a chat room - I have spent most of the day trying to get a screenshare facility working but to no avail, do you have any suggestions as to where I might find help for this as my brain can't take much more researching?

Ian