Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Korean fonts

Level 2

Hello-

I have been having issues with a form that I created for peole to fill out. some are asked to update tehir version of reader (even if they have 8 already) and then to install korean fonts. This only happens with some of the computers being used, while others are able to fill it out fine. There are also no Korean Fonts being used on the forms that I have created.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem? If so- is there a workaround?

Thanks so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The form contains a Arial Unicode MS font with a UniKS-UTF16-H encoding. This is Unicode (UTF-16BE) encoding for the Adobe-Korea1 character collection.

I substituted Arial Unicode MS with plain old Arial in the attached. I think that should solve your problem.

Steve

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

How did you create the form? Did you start import an Office document, start from scratch, or modify an existing XDP?

If you could attach the form it would be useful to diagnose.

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve-

I'll attache the form. It was a conversion of four different forms. I definitley think it has something to do with the form itself, and the XML code. I see a lot of empty tags etc. I'll attach the form. However- is there - that you know of, a tool for XML like Dreamweaver has that "cleans" code?

Thanks again.

Level 2

I apologize. I never attached the form. I have combed through the WYSIWYG editor of live cycle designer and replaced all of the fonts, but there must be something left in the XML that refrences Korean fonts. The form is attached.

Thanks very much for your help.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The form contains a Arial Unicode MS font with a UniKS-UTF16-H encoding. This is Unicode (UTF-16BE) encoding for the Adobe-Korea1 character collection.

I substituted Arial Unicode MS with plain old Arial in the attached. I think that should solve your problem.

Steve

Level 2

THANK YOU!

I so much appreciate your help. A last question if I might. I'll comb the few other forms that I have in the code, but is that what I look for then? Do I just fnd this:

Arial Unicode MS font with a UniKS-UTF16-H

and change it out? for future forms?

Thanks so much.

Former Community Member

The best (and only) suggestion I have is to pay attention to the missing fonts dialogue. When I open the original form in Designer I am alerted to the following:

missing-fonts.PNG

You should assume that anyone using your form will have a smaller font set than the font set available on your machine. Designer provides a font substitution mechanism to help. Go to Tools > Options and you will see the Font Substitution properties.

options-fonts.PNG

Steve

Level 2

Thanks Steve-

I guess I have always just let it use the default fonts when that comes up. I'll make sure I pay more attention. Thank you again for all of your help!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----