Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

JS set access for all page children (reader 8 compatible & efficient)

Level 3

Hi,

unfortunately I have to make sure my JavaScript runs on Acrobat Reader 8.  Therefore I cannot use Page.acces = “readOnly” to set all of the elements on a page as not fillable. It only works in Reader 9.X

My guess is that I HAVE TO get node length of page, use FOR-Loops…  and set every element-access one by one  to “readOnly”.  I have 10 pages with 4 level-hierarchy and something about 100 fields to check.

Is there any other way to set access of all fields in Reader 8? I mean more efficient, without node length and FOR-Loops?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Not that I am aware of ....I suggest using a Scripting Object like in the lock all fields example that has been floating around this forum.

Paul

Level 3

Hi, I am going to look for it. But I fear, it would work the same way I mentioned.

By the way, that piece of code does not work only in initialize-event (reader 8).

SAP does only support reader v8 (=>XFA), as far as I know.

Thank yo