Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JavaScript: Help with IF Statement

Level 2

I am not familar with Java and I have been fighting with this IF statement and I cannot get it to work.  I am sure it is something fairly basic.  Can anyone help?  I have seeminly tried everything.  In this example below I am trying to check if the data the user has entered in the FAVOR field is AAA and if it is then put up a message and if it isn't then put up a different message.  My top node in my hierarcy is data and then I have a MainSubform and then a Contact02Subform.  I have this code attached to a button and notthing happens when I click the button.  If I remove the if statement and just have the message box by itself then it shows the message box.  So I know it is my IF statement and I am sure it is simple.  Help please?

if

(xfa.resolveNode("xfa.form.data.MainSubform.Contact02Subform.FAVOR").rawValue == 'AAA')

{

xfa.host.messageBox("My IF");

else;

xfa.host.messageBox("My ELSE");

endif;

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Try this.

if (xfa.resolveNode("xfa.form.data.MainSubform.Contact02Subform.FAVOR"). rawValue == 'AAA')

{

}

else

{

}

endif is used in FormCalc generally not in JavaScript.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Try this.

if (xfa.resolveNode("xfa.form.data.MainSubform.Contact02Subform.FAVOR"). rawValue == 'AAA')

{

}

else

{

}

endif is used in FormCalc generally not in JavaScript.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 2

Thank-you!!  I knew it was simple.  I did have the { in other things I tried, but I must have removed them at somepoint in trying to get other things to work.  And for us folks who have been around for a while it is just insstinctive to put an endif in