Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Java Script fields not working on completed form

Level 2

Hi,

This is likely a basic question but I can't find the answer anywhere - and I apologize if this should be the Acro forms forum.

I completed a rather simple form using Livecycle where the user enters data and a script adds it up and places it in a "total" field.  I saved as a dynamic pdf and tested it out fine.  I sent it out to a few clients and a few advised me that the total field wasn't being populated after they entered data - the other clients sent back completed forms so I know it worked for some but not for all.  One client stated that they recieved a message stated that they had to enable java in order for the form to work (not the exact wording) and they ok'd it but the form still didn't work.

I can't imagine that each end user needs certain settings or updated java to use a form (or maybe I'm wrong).  I'm thinking I have to do something on my end before sending it out so the form always works.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Andrew

1 Reply

Former Community Member

There is an Acrobat/Reader setting that allows the user to disable javascript. I think this is wha

t is happening to you.

Paul