Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with room template before going Live

Level 2

We have created a template and all the users get their own room. In couple of months we are planning to add new features to the app. Of course when we update the template, the rooms won't get updated with new nodes. How do we upgrade these existing rooms? Delete and recreate the room using a batch script? I guess we will look the data in the room but is there any other potential issues with this approach. Any better approach?

One thought came to my mind is to furnish the template with all possible component nodes beforehand even if we do not use it right now. That way in future, we will have all the components we need in existing rooms. Is this feasible , better approach?

2 Replies

Employee

Option 1: delete and recreate the room. If you don't save any state or the state can be recreated there shouldn't be any issues with this approach.

Option 2: write a flex application that updates the room, or make your updated flex client update the room (but if you are creating new nodes and you don't have a role of 100 that would not work)

Option 3: create the new nodes and configuration from a server side script.

Sent from my iPhone

Level 2

All options seems resonably easy to implement. Thank you so much.

You have great support team!