Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with render service / Jboss setup

Level 1

Hi,

We are using Livecycle ES 8.2 for one of our business processes.

I have a xdp form that gets rendered to the user using a custom render service. This was all working fine this morning until I needed to make some minor changes to the xdp form.

After I had made my changes and saved the from, I try run the application but I receive the following error:

An error occurred creating the form (task 12445, form 0). (ALC-WKS-007-040)

I understand that this is a common enough error that indicates there is an issue with the render service that the xdp is using. As the changes I made to the form were simple text changes I can't see how the problem could be with the render service. Before I made any changes to the xdp, I took a backup of the file. When I overwrite my changes with the old backed up file I still get the error above.

For some reason my log file hasn't been updated since the 15th April 2010 so I can't get any more information on the error there; Also, when I set up a recording on the render service and select Play Process Recording i get the following error popping up:

failed to list audit instances

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

James

7 Replies

Level 1

I'm currently experiencing the same problem on ES2. Did you find a solution?

Level 1

Hi Saeleba,

Yes I got the issue resolved after a lot of pain!!!

Are you also experiencing issues with your forms rendering?

Has this started happening since you made a change to a form?

Can you try the following and lets me know if it fixes your problem...

1. Stop recording on all processes

2. Log on to the AdminUI and go to Services > LiveCycle Forms ES.

3. Scroll down to Forms Cache Control Settings and click on the button that says Reset Cache.

4. I can't remember if I had to restart JBoss or not but try it without restarting first and see if the issue is resolved.

Cheers,

J

Level 1

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't work. I still have the

Level 1

Ok try the following...

1. Open Workbench

2. Select Window > Show View > Components

3. Right Click on AuditWorkflowDSC, Stop and Start the service

Thanks,

J

Level 1

this doesn't work either

this is the complete stacktrace:

com.adobe.idp.auditworkflow.dsc.client.AuditWorkflowException: failed to list audit instances
     at com.adobe.idp.auditworkflow.dsc.service.AuditWorkflowServiceImpl.listAuditInstances(AuditWorkflowServiceImpl.java:116)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.DocumentPassivationInterceptor.intercept(DocumentPassivationInterceptor.java:53)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:357)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:299)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapter_z73hg_ELOImpl.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionCMTAdapter_z73hg_ELOImpl.java:301)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:143)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationStrategyInterceptor.intercept(InvocationStrategyInterceptor.java:55)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:188)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:48)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:115)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:129)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.invoke(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:329)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapSdkEndpoint.invokeCall(SoapSdkEndpoint.java:139)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapSdkEndpoint.invoke(SoapSdkEndpoint.java:81)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor548.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
     at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
     at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
     at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
     at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
     at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
     at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
     at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
     at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
     at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
     at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:292)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
     at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.InvocationFilter.doFilter(InvocationFilter.java:43)
     at com.adobe.idp.um.auth.filter.CSRFFilter.doFilter(CSRFFilter.java:41)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3496)
     at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
     at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2180)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2086)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1406)
     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
Caused by: com.adobe.workflow.audit.WorkflowAuditException: failed to obtain instance-list lock
     at com.adobe.idp.auditworkflow.dsc.service.storage.ProcessRecordingStorageImpl.getInstanceListLock(ProcessRecordingStorageImpl.java:485)
     at com.adobe.idp.auditworkflow.dsc.service.storage.ProcessRecordingStorageImpl.loadRecordingInfo(ProcessRecordingStorageImpl.java:365)
     at com.adobe.idp.auditworkflow.dsc.service.AuditWorkflowServiceImpl.listAuditInstances(AuditWorkflowServiceImpl.java:102)
     ... 61 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /folderplaceholder/gds/audit/workflow/instance-list.lock (Permission denied)
     at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
     at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
     at com.adobe.idp.auditworkflow.dsc.service.storage.ProcessRecordingStorageImpl.getInstanceListLock(ProcessRecordingStorageImpl.java:477)
     ... 63 more

Level 1

instance-list.lock does exists and has the following permisions:

-rw-r--r--

Level 1

Similar to the step above .....

1. Stop recording on all processes

2. Log on to the AdminUI and go to Services > LiveCycle Output ES

3. Scroll down to Output Cache Control Settings and click on the button that says Reset Cache.

4. Restart JBoss

Forgot I had to do this also