Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue with .caption.value.#text.value

Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Formcalc code to concatenate several fields together at the end of the form but I want to have the field caption text and field caption value in the final text. As example:

concat(TextField1.caption.value.#text.value," ",TextField1)

I hope you can help me!

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

That should work, maybe try

TEXTFIELD1.caption.value.oneOfChild.value

Otherwise, maybe a screenshot of your form structure would help, or even a link to your form

Has the caption any rich text formatting ... bold, italic, colours, etc

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

The script should work. What problems are you facing with?

Level 1

Hi,

Is not working for all fields, the concatenate function is only showing the field value but not the captions. My smartform is looking to concatenate several Text Captions, Text Field Captions and Text Field Values into a text that can be copy-paste in another platform.

Here is one example:

//HEADER (just a text box in the form with some captions): Data to concat

//TextField1 (field with a caption and space to capture input): Enter name

//DropDownList1 (list with a caption and options to capture input): Select title

var HEADER_TXT

var TEXTFIELD1_TXT

var DROP1_TXT

concat(HEADER_TXT.caption.value.#text.value,"\u000a",TEXTFIELD1_TXT.caption.value.#text.value," ",TEXTFIELD1,"\u000a",DROP1_TXT.caption.value.#text.value," ",DROPDOWNLIST1)

I was expecting to get as result the text all together:

Data to concat

Enter name: Edgar

Select tile: Mr.

But is only working with the drop downs menus, not with text fields or text boxes.

Thanks for your time!

Level 10

What kind of object is HEADER_TXT? When it's a separate text object and not a text field with a caption, the script would be more this:

concat(HEADER_TXT.value.oneOfChild.value, …)

Level 1

Great, HEADER is a text object, this code works!!!!

My only problem at this point is with TextFields, the ".caption.value.#text.value" works perfect with other objects like DropDownLists but for some reason is not working with TextFields captions. Every time I try with TextFields I get an error: "accessor 'TEXTFIELD1.caption.value.#text.value' is unknown"

Any idea?

Correct answer by
Level 10

That should work, maybe try

TEXTFIELD1.caption.value.oneOfChild.value

Otherwise, maybe a screenshot of your form structure would help, or even a link to your form

Has the caption any rich text formatting ... bold, italic, colours, etc

Level 1

Excellent, the oneOfChild option did work!!!

Level 10

Good to hear, I think that means you caption had some rich text formatting, not that it was a text field ... just something to be aware of as you could end up with the same problem with your drop down.