Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Is LCCS comparable to the new FMS 4?

Level 2

Hey,

FMS 4 was released recently, and it includes new RTMFP features, especially FMES 4.

Is LCCS the same as FMES 4, but is a 'pay-per-use' instead of a one time payment?

Thanks

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Flash Media Server provides solutions for audio/video streaming using RTMFP and data sharing at a lower level.

On other hand, our service provides both a hosted framework as well as client SDK on flash/flex/javascript and more to allow developers build real-time multiuser social collaborative applications that also includes audio/video and data sharing as part of their features.

We also provide many many other features such as chat, collaborative whiteboard, screen sharing , recording, server to server communication that are required for quickly build collaborative applications.

Our pay-per-use model gives you a flexible payment option based on bandwidth, messages and connection time. It is very useful starting point for people who want to try out building collaborative applications with LCCS framework.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Thanks a lot, everything I need to know so far !

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:26:15 -0600

To: chicohuman@hotmail.com

Subject: Is LCCS comparable to the new FMS 4?

Flash Media Server provides solutions for audio/video streaming using RTMFP and data sharing at a lower level.

On other hand, our service provides both a hosted framework as well as client SDK on flash/flex/javascript and more to allow developers build real-time multiuser social collaborative applications that also includes audio/video and data sharing as part of their features.

We also provide many many other features such as chat, collaborative whiteboard, screen sharing , recording, server to server communication that are required for quickly build collaborative applications.

Our pay-per-use model gives you a flexible payment option based on bandwidth, messages and connection time. It is very useful starting point for people who want to try out building collaborative applications with LCCS framework.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>

Employee

Also LCCS is an "application" based on FMS. We are using an older version of FMS with RTMFP support but we'll be switching to FMS 4 in the next few months.

Level 2

Well right now my job is to go from Stratus to LCCS.  Been playing with LCCS in the last hour and it really seems like it will make development faster and easier.

My website is faceflow.com and I got a lot of stuff built, so it should be a challenge to modify everything so it becomes effective with LCCS.

I saw an example that Stratus codes could be twice as long as when using LCCS...

Do you have any ressources that would help make the switch?

Thanks