Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Is it possible to import data into a Reader Extended PDF created in Livecycle?

Wildau
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there,

I make a lot of Reader Extended forms for my company. When I issue form updates, sometimes staff have to re-copy or re-type records into forms with repeating subforms.  I'd like to be able to jumpstart their process by importing from an old, filled-out form, into my new updated form.

I've found I can do this by making an XML data file of the data from the old form, but I can't import into an Extended from using Adobe Reader. Most of our staff don't have Acrobat, so they aren't able to save data into non-extended forms.

Is this clear, what I'm asking? Import XML data into Reader Extended form.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Laura

5 Replies
jnicholas330
Level 7
Level 7

The xml produced by the old form must be able to be consumed by the new form. Your new form may not have the same XML structure. To test this, I would extend a form, then test the form filling in Reader. If the import/export works then its likely a data issue.

radzmar
Level 10
Level 10

It's not neccessary to have the same xml structure because with ApplyXSL you can use a XSLT stylesheet to transform the imported data into every structure your need.

Wildau
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Radzmar!

Thank you for your response! I am testing, and will check back if I cannot make it work.

Many thanks

Laura

Wildau
Level 3
Level 3

thank you for your reply!

I am testing right now to see if it is working.

Many thanks!

Laura