Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is it possible to import data into a Reader Extended PDF created in Livecycle?

Level 3

Hi there,

I make a lot of Reader Extended forms for my company. When I issue form updates, sometimes staff have to re-copy or re-type records into forms with repeating subforms.  I'd like to be able to jumpstart their process by importing from an old, filled-out form, into my new updated form.

I've found I can do this by making an XML data file of the data from the old form, but I can't import into an Extended from using Adobe Reader. Most of our staff don't have Acrobat, so they aren't able to save data into non-extended forms.

Is this clear, what I'm asking? Import XML data into Reader Extended form.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Laura

5 Replies

Level 7

The xml produced by the old form must be able to be consumed by the new form. Your new form may not have the same XML structure. To test this, I would extend a form, then test the form filling in Reader. If the import/export works then its likely a data issue.

Level 10

It's not neccessary to have the same xml structure because with ApplyXSL you can use a XSLT stylesheet to transform the imported data into every structure your need.

Level 3

Hi Radzmar!

Thank you for your response! I am testing, and will check back if I cannot make it work.

Many thanks

Laura

Level 3

thank you for your reply!

I am testing right now to see if it is working.

Many thanks!

Laura