Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Insert/Update

Level 1

Hello and thank you for your interest in my question...

I am inside of workbench and cannot get a grasp on how I would insert or update an SQL database.  With that said let me give a little background on this project:

All of my forms are tied to my xml in a data connection inside of Designer.  I have successfully queried my database and pre-filled my forms with the proper data based on a standard number a user enters in to launch the application (this all works wonderfully).  However, I have a few drop-down lists on some of these forms where the user would select a value and based on their selection we would pass that to the database (update).  These drop downs are bound to my xml.

So, back to workbench....in theory I can voice how the update would happen in workbench.  But I just cannot grasp how to go about it.  I know somehow I have to "hold" the values the user selected on the form in a variable. I believe to be using the correct event in live cycle:  Parameterized Query.  However, I fail to understand how to hold onto the values a user selected in the form and pass that along in an update from within workbench.  Would this be accomplished with a regular process variable or do I create a new XML schema to hold onto that data and based on the "new" data go ahead with the update?

My workflow is as follows:  I display the form and once the user has finished the form they submit it.  Next, inside of workbench i have an export data event (I am unsure if I really need this) and I select the PDF to export data from.  My data format can be "auto, XDP or XML Data; if I am to use the export Data event which one of these do I need to select??  My output is either a variable or X-path expression??  Now I move to the next step where I execute my "insert or update".  I would assume the "test" values should be the variables I created to hold my user's selection from the form??  Hopefully I have explained this enough to where it is not confusing.  I apologize if it is as I am basically learning LiveCycle on the "fly".

0 Replies