Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Insert Record with a Closed DataConnection?

Level 1

Hello, I am rather new at all of this but have learned an enormous amount of information thanks to these forums, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am creating a Purchase Order with many dataconnections, I am wondering if it is possible to ONLY Insert and Update a record in a database. That is, I dont want my form to display records (the only way I can think of is not having my connections open, but then of course it wont insert or update either). I am only going to use the Purchase order to insert Info into my database with a submit button, Then I will do a "save as" with the form and open it back up to update it(with Invoice Number, Date paid, check # etc.). Again, any help would be awesome, I have been working very hard on this and am almost there!

2 Replies

Level 10

I do not understand what is conpicated here..

Your form submits XML data to an LC process that updates/inserts the Purchase Order details into DB.

Of course, you can save your PDF for later use. Perhaps you may use a clear button to vanish the field values and reenter for next post to DB.

Is that not working as expected?

Nith

Level 1

My purchase order has 3 lines with seperate dataconnections to input the orders.  Bascially I want to be able to input all of the information on my purchase order, save the form as the Purchase order Number assigned to it, so that later when I have payment information for that PO# I can open up that form and update it with date paid, invoice # etc... and finally submit the data to my database. My problem is  It will only display one record at a time, I want to be able to see all of the records associated with that PO# and update them all at once. Also Since I have addNew in my initialize event, Whenever I do a save as (PO#) and open it back up the form is empty. So my thought was that If I put all my connections on Delay Open and save the Form until I am completely done with it (invoice #, Etc.) Somehow open my connections and submit to database. Right now if I do this it wont' submit anything and just displays the last record in all of my lines. Maybe I am putting Open in the wrong event?

I have tried a Clear Form button and it clears from my database also.

The only thing that I can think of is to fill out the form and use Export/Import until all of the info is completed on the PO and then submit. This form will be used by 3-4 other people and I was just trying to make it as simple as possible for them.