Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Image "Use Original Size" is Incorrect Scale

Level 2

Hi community, this is my first post. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Problem:

When Insert an image into my form (3"x4") and I choose the sizing dropdown to scale it to "Use Original Size" The Image increases way beyond it's correct scale. Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

Here is a screen shot from photoshop displaying the true size of the image:

9-13-2013 10-59-50 AM.png

Here a screenshot of the problem in LiveCycle:

9-13-2013 11-01-44 AM.png

Any help on this subject would very much appreciated.

Thanks Community!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Okay... So I figured out an answer. Instead of importing an image the typical way, I instead with photoshop open was able to selct drag the smart object directly from photoshop and drop on top of my form. then when I choose Use Original Size for whatever reason this time it gets the scale correct. Not sure why it doesn't work with the typical import method.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

It's Important that these images are the correct scale. When the document is printed they need to be able to compare a physical profile with the image.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Okay... So I figured out an answer. Instead of importing an image the typical way, I instead with photoshop open was able to selct drag the smart object directly from photoshop and drop on top of my form. then when I choose Use Original Size for whatever reason this time it gets the scale correct. Not sure why it doesn't work with the typical import method.

Level 10

All I can think of is Designer isn't reading the dpi of the image properly. Sounds like it's using 72dpi.

Maybe try a different image format? (tiff, etc.)

Level 2

Ill give it a try. I hadn't thought of that.

Level 2

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5696871#5696871

I have another question along the same lines. but put it in its own post.