Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

I'm wondering if it is possible to design a form that will read flashcards in xml format?

Level 3

I am studying for exams and dont really get to study much because of work and I have recently purchased flashcards for the subject that are in XML format. The flashcards are opened through a program that comes with them, and its just a basic small flashcard looking box. Very simple.

Well the problem I have is that I want to study at work but cant install any unapproved software. But i was wondering if I could create a flashcard form that will display the xml data for me so I can look like im working haha. I want to import the XML data into the form.

Here is a copy of one of the xml files (set of cards)

Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<mnemosyne core_version="1" >

<category active="1">

<name>Secured Transactions</name>

</category>

<item id="_0">

<cat>Secured Transactions</cat>

<Q>When does a security interest attach, or become legally enforceable?</Q>

<A>Secured interest must be supported by consideration given

Debtor must actually own the rights to the collateral or have possession

Secured interest much be recorded</A>

</item>

<item id="_1">

<Q>What are the characteristics of perfection of interest in a secured transaction?</Q>

<A>Gets higher priority over others claiming rights to collateral after the perfection takes place

Attachment must take place BEFORE perfection

</A>

</item>

<item id="_2">

<Q>How does perfection occur in a secured transaction?</Q>

<A>By filing a financing statement

By possessing the collateral</A>

</item>

<item id="_3">

<Q>When does automatic perfection occur in a secured transaction?</Q>

<A>Store sells a consumer good on credit - Store retains security interest

A bank finances the purchase of a consumer good - Bank retains security interest</A>

</item>

<item id="_4">

<Q>What are the priority rules for payment in a secured transaction?</Q>

<A>If two parties are perfected, then the first one to file wins

If neither party is perfected, then the first one to attach wins</A>

</item>

<item id="_5">

<Q>What are the advantages of a creditor holding a lien in a secured transaction?</Q>

<A>Creditor holds priority over claims to collateral vs. unperfected security interests

Beats perfected security interests filed after lien attachment

Exceptions: Purchase money security interest, which has 10 day grace period to be filed

Buyers purchasing in the ordinary course of business are immune from security interests held by merchants</A>

</item>

</mnemosyne>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Good morning,

For me, it was easier to just build the form for you than it would have been giving step by step instructions. I was able to bind the xml you provided to a repeatable subform. The answers are hidden until you press a button to show the answer.

If you send me a private message here with your email, I'll send the pdf to you directly.

- Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Good morning,

For me, it was easier to just build the form for you than it would have been giving step by step instructions. I was able to bind the xml you provided to a repeatable subform. The answers are hidden until you press a button to show the answer.

If you send me a private message here with your email, I'll send the pdf to you directly.

- Scott

Level 3

Thank you for your help, the form works great!

Level 4

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. Good luck with the studying.

- Scott