Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I Have a Dropdown with Numbers refrence and show the hidden sub

Level 2

I have a form that has  a dropdown that has multiple numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6. I also have a hidden Subform with information that I need to dispaly so if they choose 2 I need 2 instances of that subform to show. If they choose 3 I need 3 instances of that subform to apear. ECT........... I do have everything in flowed and western text.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Ok. In that case you need to set the instance of the subform first, then you need to loop through all the instances and make those subforms visible.

In the change event of the DropDownList you can put the following script.

var a = xfa.event.newText; // This will capture the value in the change event, if you want the script in the exit event you have

AreadDoorMF.instanceManager.setInstances(a) ;       to make it as var a this.rawValue

for (var i = 0; i<a;i++) // Loops through all the instances of the subform

{

xfa.resolveNode("AreaDoorDF [" +  i +"]").DF.presence = "visible";

xfa.resolveNode("AreaDoorDF [" +  i +"]").DF.Header.presence = "visible";

}

Sorry that I have mentioned setInstance instead of setInstances

Thanks,

Bibhu

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

In the exit event of the DropDown you can write the following script.

var a = this.rawValue;

Subform1.instanceManager.setInstance(a);

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 2

I have tried to do that but I was unable to get it to work right. Below is the script I have set on exit

var a = this.rawValue;

AreadDoorMF.instanceManager.setInstance(a);

if(this.rawValue !="No Access"){

AreaDoorDF.DF.presence = "visible";

AreaDoorDF.Header.presence = "visible";

} else {

AreaDoorDF.DF.presence = "hidden";

AreaDoorDF.Header.presence = "hidden";

AreaDoorDF.Button1.presence = "hidden";

}

Level 9

I am bit confused what you have written. The first park seems OK when you are trying to set the instance.

But when I look at the second part, I got confused. Here this.rawValue is returning a String value. Is this the same field that you are trying in the previous part ?

Level 2

Sorry, for any confusion I am very new to scripting and to this program in general. The bottom part is inside the same field. It is their because the subfield is hidden from layout and the second half is the only way I have been able to get the sub field to appear from a drop down on previous yes or no drop downs. So what I need is the sub-form to be hidden and then when they choose a number that number of instances appear. Although I could take the hidden attribute out if need be. I did try that and just had the instance statement in their and I still could not get it to work. If I knew how to attach a sample document for you to see I would. I hope this clarifies the issue and does not make it worse.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Ok. In that case you need to set the instance of the subform first, then you need to loop through all the instances and make those subforms visible.

In the change event of the DropDownList you can put the following script.

var a = xfa.event.newText; // This will capture the value in the change event, if you want the script in the exit event you have

AreadDoorMF.instanceManager.setInstances(a) ;       to make it as var a this.rawValue

{

xfa.resolveNode("AreaDoorDF [" +  i +"]").DF.presence = "visible";

xfa.resolveNode("AreaDoorDF [" +  i +"]").DF.Header.presence = "visible";

}

Sorry that I have mentioned setInstance instead of setInstances

Thanks,

Bibhu

Level 2

Bibhu,

I am sorry I must be missing something and I apologize I think that I have bitten off more than I can chew on this one because I am still having a hard time. Am I suppose to copy and pate the below statement in the change field on the drop down? or the Exit? I have tried both ways with no success: Below is exactly what I have    in the change action of the Dropdown.

OtherDoorSF.instanceManager.setInstances(a) ; // to make it as var a this.rawValue

{

xfa.resolveNode("OtherDoorSF [" + i +"]").SF.presence = "visible";

xfa.resolveNode("OtherDoorSF [" + i +"]").SF.Header.presence = "visible";

}

Or should I have

Below in change:

And this in the Exit:

OtherDoorSF.instanceManager.setInstances(a) ; // to make it as var a this.rawValue

{

xfa.resolveNode("OtherDoorSF [" + i +"]").SF.Header.presence = "visible";

}

I have tried it both ways I must be missing something along the way. I wish this form would let you share  my form with you it would make it a whole lot easier

Since I can just upload teh form here are the SS

ALC1.JPG

LC2.JPG

LC4.JPG       LC3.JPG

Level 9

I am really confused about which subform you want to set instances and show In the parent Subform OtherDoorSF, it contains to child subforms i.e. Header and SF. You need to put the reference for the subforms correctly.

For ex: If you want to set the visibilty of thre  Header child subform of the parent OtherDoorSF then you can use

xfa.resolveNode("OtherDoorSF [" + i +"]").Header.presence = "visible";

If you want the SF child form to be visible then you can use

I guess you have added SF ref everywhere. Just cross check.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 2

Thank you,

I made a syntex Error I had an SF in the wrong field. Sorry that it was so painful!