Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to submit PDF form from my local hard disk(offline submission)?

Level 2

Hi All,

Earlier I used to submit PDF form using LC workspace to a LC workbench Process , but now I had a requirement to submit the PDF without workspace. I need to open a local PDF and if I click the submit button then it should invoke the LC workbench Process via Soap end point. Please can anybody help me out!

I will greatly appreciate any help on this issue

22 Replies

Former Community Member

hi nith,

i hve sent mail ti ur id...reply ASAP

Former Community Member

Hi, thanks for providing the example.  I tried it as is, and it worked.

But then, I tried to modify it a little but, and I got this message in the server log:

[3/1/11 15:20:30:520] 00000145 LocalExceptio E   CNTR0020E: EJB threw an unexpected (non-declared) exception during invocation of method "doRequiresNew" on bean "BeanId(LiveCycleES2#adobe-dscf.jar#EjbTransactionCMTAdapter, null)". Exception data: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified.

What I was trying to do, was

at the "SOAP Invocation" process, I would like to put the "User"'s login ID into the Event data;

such that in the "SOAP Usage" process,  I can extract the Login ID, then assign it to a process variable,

and at the "Assign Task to User" step, I can use XPath (of the process variable) for the "Initital User Selection",

(instead of hard-coding the user ID).

But somehow it didn't work.

What's the right way to pass the user's Login ID onto the target process?

thanks