Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Error: The codec string was unknown.

Level 1

I've noticed recently that I've been getting an error dialog after connecting to LCCS. I don't know the cause, though, and I'm wondering if someone could tell me if this ErrorEvent is, in fact, dispatched from the LCCS library and what I should listen to to ensure it is caught.

Error #2044: Unhandled ErrorEvent:. text=The codec string was unknown.

One thing that's interesting is that I don't see it happening when I'm debugging my app in Flash Builder. It only happens when I'm running it without the debugger.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 10

I guess somewhere you are using player 9 that is throwing the error. What flash player version you are using ? and which swc you are using , if its 10, has the compiler settings being changed to 10.0.0 and also are you using the right Flex SDK. Player 9 didn't have speex codec and my feeling is this is the underlying cause somewhere.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Interesting. I'm actually using the 10.1 beta. Considering that I only started seeing this error recently, I think that might be the reason.

Level 10

That's weird. Using 10.1 beta shouldn't throw. Can you send me a small example code along with FP and SDK version? I can then take a look.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu